Stay tuned for more details!
The Company is named First State Brewing Company given that Delaware was the first state to ratify the United States Constitution in 1787. FSBC plans to proudly represent Delaware by crafting a variety of superior quality beers and ciders that offer more flavor, more variety and more local appeal for local and regional markets.
FSBC will be located in Middletown, Delaware, a city booming with residential and commercial development. An ~11,000 sq. ft., build-to-suit, new construction, single-tenant building is planned to be the future home of FSBC.
Products & Services
Beer & Cider. FSBC will deliver an exceptional experience by providing customers with a variety of superior quality beers and ciders that offer more flavor, more variety and more local appeal. By combining tradition with innovation, we will create products that balance originality with drinkability and are generally hop-centric and Belgian inspired. FSBC beers will primarily be crafted using the highest quality ingredients available globally which include American hops, European malts and Belgian yeasts. FSBC ciders will crafted using apples sourced locally from Delaware and other Mid-Atlantic states.
Food. FSBC will deliver an exceptional culinary experience by offering artfully crafted casual foods that pair well with craft beer and cider. We will 1) craft delicious foods that meets the highest standards of quality, freshness and seasonality; 2) use the finest ingredients in our recipes which include locally sourced produce and proteins; and 3) feature FSBC beers, ciders and spent grains in our various food offerings.
Paul Hester, Founder, CEO & Brewery Manager. He is a graduate of the popular Intensive Brewing Science & Engineering Brewery in Planning program through the American Brewers Guild. He is an award winning home-brewer with several years of brewing experience.
Justin Faulkner, Taproom + Kitchen Manager. He is an experienced General Manager and former alcohol Sales Representative and Bar Manager. He is a driven sales and management professional with over 15 years’ experience in the bar and restaurant industry.
First State Brewing Company is dedicated to crafting a variety of superior quality beers and ciders that offer more flavor, more variety and more local appeal. By combining tradition with innovation, we will create products that balance originality with drinkability. We will elevate our customers experience through education about craft beer and brewing. We will proudly represent our local community, Delaware, and the craft beer industry.
- Safety and quality above all else
- It is all for the love of the craft, family and friends
- Maintain a culture of commitment, trust, fun and passion for the craft
- Produce the best products that we can while constantly striving to improve
- Use high quality ingredients to assist in providing our customers with great products
- Provide our customers with an exceptional experience through outstanding service
- Continuous learning is required to better ourselves, our products and our services
- Proudly represent our local community, Delaware and the craft beer industry
- Respect and value the thoughts, ideas, and contributions of all employees
- Make environmentally friendly decisions